EAL Teaching Assistant required- South West London- Asap start
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a TEFL and who wants to get some uk classroom experience. The school is an Outstanding Co-Education school located in the South west of London.
You do not need to be highly experienced, but it would be desirable to have some classroom experience. This role requires someone who is caring and nurturing and has the drive to provide excellent support for students. The SENCO is very supportive of each of their staff and focuses on creating a fun and inspiring place to work.
The ideal candidate
- Have experience supporting students who has English as an additional language. You need to be patient, charismatic and above all passionate about making learning accessible for EAL pupils.
- Have a genuine passion within education
- Support individual students who are new to learning English within lessons, helping them to access the curriculum
- Assist with supporting small groups of EAL students outside of lessons in targeted intervention groups and homework clubs.
- Help to monitor and measure the progress of EAL students
- Assist with supporting the emotional and educational needs of EAL students making the transition from primary to secondary school
- Have a TEFL or CELTA
- Excellent literacy skills and degree educated
The school is located within Close proximity to transport links.
ASQ Education partners with a number of exceptional primary and secondary schools across London and the Home Counties to offer you the latest and best selection of educational positions.
We will help you find the right short term, long term or permanent role in a school and location that suits you. Whether you are searching for a teachers role in a primary school, a supervisors role in a secondary school, or a learning support assistant role in an SEN school, we will work closely with you to ensure you get the job that you want.
We are also here to guide you through every step of the recruitment process, and provide a wealth of resources and expert advice to support you in your search for the perfect role.
We look forward to hearing from you, please call us on 0203 003 5059 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register online at www.asq-education.co.uk