We are looking for either an experienced Teaching Assistant or an individual who has recently graduated (with at least a 2:2) and who is open to supporting children with mild SEN needs and pupils considered vulnerable within a highly supportive secondary school In South London.
Preferably the school are looking for someone with experience as a teaching assistant or learning support assistant inside either schools, colleges, HEIs or a relevant SEND department. The school are also keen on graduates who are eager to become teachers in the future and support those who need it most.
In the role of a Class-Based Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to support classes with varying levels of abilities, those with mild SEN needs as well as the classroom teacher throughout the school day. Under the direction of the SENCO, the school are willing to support its Teaching Assistants in supplying additional support where it is needed most.
You will be required to support both the teaching and support staff effectively within the school. As well as co-operating with parents or carers, students, and external agencies and ensuring safeguarding laws are always adhered to.
As such, any graduate who owns a strong academic background and can demonstrate their ability to support children and young people to improve their literacy and numeracy will likely be considered.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate the following:
- Experience in working with children in the SEND Department (desirable)
- Capacity to form honest working relationships with students, parents or carers and colleagues alike
- Good oral and written communicative skills
- Good organisational and time management skills as well as the ability to work under pressure
- To act proactively and show initiative when engaging in tasks
- To be adaptable and flexible in the work you do and show that you can use your initiative
- To understand that you must be a good role model for students and colleagues alike
- Great opportunity for those looking to train towards being a teacher
- Secondary school with outstanding professional development for graduates
The school has a cutting-edge SEN department with exceptional facilities and is led by a very supportive SENCO. This could be a great opportunity to join a dynamic and welcoming team that is open to the possibility of further opportunities and development. The school also has great transport links from central and south London.
How To Apply
We look forward to hearing from you, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and apply online at www.asq-education.co.uk
ASQ Education partners with a variety of exceptional primary, secondary and SEN schools across London and the Home Counties to offer you the latest and best selection of educational positions.
We will help you find the right short-term, long term or permanent role in a school and location that suits you. Whether you are searching for a teacher’s role in a primary school, a supervisor’s role in a secondary school, or a learning support assistant role in an SEN school, we will work closely with you to ensure you get the job that you want.
We are also here to guide you through every step of the recruitment process and provide a wealth of resources and expert advice to support you in your search for the perfect role.